Author Ignacio-AguadedTranslation: Erika-Lucia Gonzalez-Carrion
The indexed journals of high level of international visibility and with high impact of their jobs edit preferably results of research about their thematic focus, that use to be specialized. In some periodic publications, moreover, are admitted other kind of works as reports, studies and proposals, just like as selected reviews of literature (state-of-the-art articles). In all cases, the works always should be original, not have been published in any other media, neither being in publication process, being responsibility of the authors that sign this agreement.
The contributions, regarding the type, that generally accept the indexed journals are:
- Researches, this is, investigation results of quantitative qualitative character, with the classic structure of the scientific manuscripts: Introduction (literature review), Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and References.
- Reviews: it is, an exhaustive state-of- the-art about a research theme that is recent and actual in which it is valued above all the selective bibliography that should go around the 100 works. They use to be works done by researchers that are mentors in the theme that serve as a basis for later studies.
- Reports and Studies, with a more flexible structure in their approaches given that they do not propose results of empiric researches, but instead are reflexive analysis, studies of content, data collection…
- Proposals. This section is less usual, but also has range in some journals to collect more open works, centered essentially in prospectives, always based on wide reviews of scientific literature.
- Experiences. This section is not frequent on many scientific journals and is more typical from informational or professional journals where descriptions of “good practices” are collected.
Moreover, many publications also count with thematic sections, where the manuscripts are organized. Thus, towards the journals of free thematic, others count with a monographic periodically section, previously planned, with public call for paper sending through the popular “call for papers”, that is coordinated by both experts as thematic editors. Moreover, it is usual in these publications to count with a miscellaneous section where various contributions are collected within the general thematic of the publication, further than the accurate main theme.
In all cases, the criteria that this type of publications take into account for the selection in their jobs in all its sections use to be always identical: a) Quality of the literature; b) Analysis quality; c) Importance of the theme; d) Impact of the article; e) Advance of the field; f) Style; g) Balance